Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kate's blog entry

Ahh , Music Camp. How I love you. 

I am counseling for Cabin 5 and I could not ask for a better cabin. We have been bonding over strong faith formation conversations, singing, dancing, and running through the rain together. Last night we had a down pour after our indoor campfire and we all got soaked. Needless to say it will be a night we will all remember.

I am also part of planning Musical Adventures for the fourth through sixth graders. We have played games and also done some arts and crafts. Yesterday we all drew our own superhero, decided what powers they would have, what their name was, and what their theme song would sound like. We had superheroes such as The Sweatband Bandit, Animal Girl, Birdo, Afro Girl, and Space Man. The creative juices were flowing.

Last night was talent show. It went as usual: amazingly talented kids, a wonderful audience, and Clark crying in the background.  I am continually surprised by how willing the kids are to get up in front of a group of peers and perform.  Then we had campfire inside (because of the monsoon going on outside) and sang my favorite song “Lord of the Dance”. Check out the video of it on this blog. I am the crazy one on stage singing loudly and dancing around like a mad person. Yep, that’s me.

No comments:

Post a Comment